- To proactively build Shell's reputation in the media as the most competitive and innovative energy company by expanding RDS Global Media reach and favourability through proactive media messaging.
- Assist in the execution of the company's overall social media strategy, including brand presence.
- Ensure company's social media policy is adhered to, report any violations as appropriate.
- Monitor social media outlets on a regular basis and immediately elevate and make recommendations for addressing any potential crisis issues.
- Anticipates and prepares for negative publicity that may result from controversial issues. Remove unwanted content.
- Gather information and develop fact-based responses to inquiries in social media outlets; respond to customer comments with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a database of standard responses.
- Work collaboratively with individuals throughout the organization to gather accurate information to create social media messaging to support company initiatives.
- Fact check and challenge requests for all communications as appropriate.
- Work with CX Strategy and the Head of Measurement to provide appropriate analytics, aggregated customer feedback and other measurements that can help the company improve consumer perception, brand engagement, and brand reputation.
Build relationships with identified bloggers and online journalists.
Identify and execute strategic social media activities to support the business.
Work collaboratively with the US Media Relations team.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Sunday 31 March 2013
Number of Vacancies:
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.